Wednesday, February 21, 2018

The Minstrel (a.k.a. Oo-de-lally)

I wonder what my five little hens would think if this guy came over to strut around the yard!
Wait!  
I know!
They'd say, "OOOooooooo-de-lally!!!"
Sorry...
Now that song will be stuck in your head all day long.
Ha ha!  Oh, well, it's a pretty happy thing to have stuck in your head.

"Laughin' back and forth at what the other'ne has to say
Reminiscin', This-'n'-thattin' havin' such a good time
Oo-de-lally, oo-de-lally, golly, what a day!"

Thanks Roger Miller for 
writing such a fun song.

These words fit pretty well for how my painting partners and I felt while we were painting roosters.

By the way, did you know that Robin Hood rooster had a name?  
It was Allan-a-dale.  
Hm... who knew!

Original Oil Painting on 12"x 16" Wrapped Canavas
[SOLD]

4 comments:

  1. The things you know!!!! :) just make me smile. Oh yeah, the girls would be flirting with this fine looking dude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! And what you don't know, Google will be glad to tell you!

      Delete
  2. One of Ethan's favorite movies when he was little. I loved the music more than anything else because who doesn't love Roger Miller? That's one fine looking rooster. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I bet if it came on the television, he'd still love it!

      Delete