Friday, February 23, 2018

Peace Like a River

Mmmmm....
Hhhhhhh....
This painting just makes me take a deep yoga-breath inhale then let it out with a sigh and a smile.

My painting friend Julie and I have been trying to become more proficient using a palette knife, so we turned to YouTube. (You can learn just about anything on YouTube!)

The frustration  beauty of applying paint on canvas with a palette knife is that if forces allows you to make loose strokes.  It totally cramped my style actually gave me such a feeling of freedom.
Ha ha... I guess you can see I endured enjoyed the process. 
Learning at any age is just hard. 
In the end... I really did love not only the process, but I really do love the final product.  

When I look at this painting, I hear the song that I use to calm myself whenever I'm heading into a difficult situation or am feeling stressed.  It's the perfect song for me as I am extremely lyrically challenged (I made that up, but it means I cannot remember lyrics to songs to save my life.)

     I've got peace like a river.
     I've got peace like a river.
     I've got peace like a river.
     I've got peace like a river in my soul.

Original Oil Painting on 12"x 16" Wrapped Canvas
[SOLD]

2 comments:

  1. It certainly did turn out serene and using the palette knife is kind of freeing, isn't it. You just can't do details, or at least I can't. Love the colors. Hoping you didn't have more issues with all the rain. We got 9" in Feb and my old house has water just standing in the back yard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I want to do this one again and maybe have a combination of brushwork and palette knife work.

      Delete