Friday, January 26, 2018

Pink Rose Trio

I've been learning how to use the palette knife.  It takes a lot of practice... how to hold it... how to place, smear, and move the paint... how to trust that blobs of color will eventually take shape. 

There's something uncomfortable and unfamiliar about the process of painting with the palette knife, but (I think) I love it.  I use much more paint, and I have to place it purposefully.  

There's also something fascinating about the finished product. I'm not satisfied just looking at it with my eyes, I want to touch it with my fingers and feel the shapes.

Thanks to Ahuva Sheiki for making YouTube videos to teach people like me to paint with palette knives.

Original Oil Painting on 6"x 12" Wrapped Canvas
[SOLD]

2 comments:

  1. "want to touch it with my fingers and feel the shapes"....absolutely agree! It amazes me, the bigger swipes of the paint 'brush' that still create such beauty and detail. It's like I could put my finger inside that opened rose, between the petals...

    ReplyDelete