Thursday, November 2, 2017

Nutcracker King

Want to know why I painted this little guy?
Yes, I love nutcrackers... 
Sure, the Christmas season is near... 
Yeah, I was in one of those between-paintings moods...

But THIS is the real reason!  This my "blue drawer."  Yes... all of these blue paint tubes, yet I rarely use blue.  Go back through my paintings, besides a sky here and there, there's hardly any blue! 
While blue isn't one of my favorites, I don't have anything against it; I just forget about it.  
So, I've decided to go on a blue kick for a while.

I guess that's not a very inspiring reason.  
I do love this little nutcracker so much.  He's one of the favorites in my collection, so I'm glad I got to put him on canvas.

Since I just let you peek into my blue paints drawer to you.  I'll show you the rest of my painting spot.  It's just right for me.


I love seeing people's art spaces.


And, there's Pounce who watches from her throne.






Original Oil Painting on 12"x 6" Wrapped Canvas. 
[SOLD]

6 comments:

  1. Your nutcracker king is gorgeous, love the blue background too!! Pounce is a great name for a beautiful cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a fun one to paint. As for the cat... ha ha... when we got her, she was named "Athena" but she was much more of a bouncy pouncy kitty than the goddess of wisdom.

      Delete
  2. You sneaked in some green into your blue, just sayin'... (snort!) You paint under the eaves?! I sew under mine! :-) Love that you did something in blues...or sold I write buh-LOOS.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes now I remember you have a nutcracker collection. We too, my tree is done with them, I have a big one for the fireplace and over the fireplace medium sized ones. Love it.
    Just wanted to let you know I am not posting right now on my blog because I have had outside interference. Have over 4,000 views all from Denmark, well that ain't right!! So I put it to privacy and not sure you can see it, but it did stop the views. Maybe they will get tired and I can turn it on later. Grrrrr - I wish I understood these things better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have a nutcracker collection.
      I hate that you've had to take down your blog for a while. Keep painting; you'll have so much to post about when you begin again!

      Delete