Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Journals & Diaries (part 6)

Yeah, I realize that 5 parts would have been a good round number for the Journals & Diaries series.  And, the whole thing kind of made its way full circle at the end of the fifth one. But... I have a little more to tack on the end if that's okay.  
We'll call it (or them, if I do one more after this) a bonus.
These are my two current journals. Now if you look back at the photo of all the journals I've filled as an adult by clicking HERE, you'll think that the first one fits in nicely... It's green... calming...  But, that's not the one I want to talk about.

What's up with that other one!!!  It's bright... and bold... and glittery or metalic... and peacock-y... and wild...  and... was it an accident or a re-gifted gift? No... actually, it was purchased very purposefully.

Which camp are you in? The People-Don't-Change camp? or the You-Can-Make-Changes camp?  
I believe that while we have our set personalities, we can improve ourselves beyond surface changes if we are purposeful.  (*** Actually, "PURPOSEFUL" was the 2017 word I chose to add to my... well, it doesn't have a name... the inside of my armoire where my printer and office supplies are stored.... I'm sure I could write a blog post series on each thing hanging on that little space.)

A few years back, I wanted to change me... I wanted to be less less Type-A, more Easy-Going... less like a Square, more like a Squiggle... less Take Charge, more of a Support... less Linear, more Haphazard...less Academic, more Creative... less Stick-to-the-Rules, more Outside-the-Box.
So, how did I go about that?  Well, in a very methodical Type-A, Square, In Charge, Linear, Academic kind of way!!! Or Course!!

First I bought this crazy peacock  journal, then I set some specific self-imposed rules for using it.
1st - Every time I chose to write in it, I would let it open to any page.  That's the page I would write on.  (Aaahhh!!! Can you imagine!!)
2nd - I would avoid using complete sentences as often as possible. (Gasp!!!)
3rd - I wouldn't be a slave to the lines and margins. (Try not to hyperventilate!)
4th - I would use color and pictures and numbers and symbols as often as I pleased.

Here are a few pages... in no particular order... HA!
Wagons I tend to fall off of...


A perfect moment...

Turning 50...
Kindred  Spirits...

Vocabulary words I love...
So... The big question... Did it work???
Well... Hmmm... I'm a work in progress, and there are still blank pages to fill... 

4 comments:

  1. Oh my god it is giving me shivers the similarities, synchronicity, yet again. YES! Please do write a post on each of those words in your armoire (I love that you use a French word) :-)
    hit send and it didn't appear to go, so please delete this if it is a double!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) If you like that I call my cupboard an armoire, you'll love that I call my art room my atelier.

      Delete
  2. Well I always knew you were a wild woman!! I believe while it is hard you can change. But maybe it is not change, it's growth!! Isn't retirement great as we can explore the reasons of life?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that, Nelvia! Look at it as growth, not change.

    ReplyDelete