Monday, November 6, 2017

Flamingo on Blue

This is the second in my "Make Friends with Blue" series. 😁😁

I met this particular guy (or gal) in the flamingo exhibit at the Tulsa Zoo a couple of years ago.  I loved the exhibit, and I thoroughly enjoyed painting him (or her) with bright, bold colors.

You know how sometimes a certain sense will bring up a memory? 
... like... the smell of marigolds = my grandma's front porch...
... or... the taste of Cheese Whiz = my first classroom as a teacher...
... maybe... the sound of pop corn kernels falling into a pot = Sunday evenings when I was a kid.
... or... the sight of a flamingo = summer school  in college and having Christopher Cross on the stereo.

If you're anywhere near my age, you might be able to relate to this one!

"Think of Laura, but laugh don't cry
I know she'd want it that way."
Or...
"It's all right. I think we're gonna make it,
I think it might just work out this time."

Good painting happens when his songs pop up on my Pandora.

You know that each one of those memories is just a snip of a whole story! So share!  What smell, taste, sound, or sight brings up a specific memory for you?

Original Oil Painting on 16"x 16" Wrapped Canvas
Click "Flamingo on Blue" if you'd like to purchase this painting.

2 comments:

  1. Hey you got movement in your background and your blues are friendly. I feel that way about greens which you use very well. Isn't it funny how we have our own funny things? I do remember Christopher Cross and also like Pandora - but hate the commercials, but too cheap to upgrade too. However, once I get painting I don't think I really hear it anyway.
    - first painting was our gate, me on one side, neighbor on other - and both of us full of silver outdoor paint - we really sparkled!! Dad unhappy!!
    - pot of chili - cold cold days but cozy inside and full tummy
    - turtle pancakes - Aunt Martha stayed with us when the parents traveled, she brought a whole other life to the equation as she lived on a farm and always made us turtle shaped pancakes
    No with my horns can't be your angel, but easy to support you when you have so much talent. I hope before I am gone I get to read your children's book that you wrote and illustrated!!

    ReplyDelete